The two underdogs of the BBL points table Adelaide Strikers, and Melbourne Stars faces each other in the 39th Match.
The Two teams have struggled to top the points table. Hence it would be interesting to witness the winner of these two sides.
Adelaide Strikers Current Situation
The strikers are in the last spot on The Big Bash League points table.
Their next Match is against the table-toppers Perth scorchers in their home ground.
After the Perth scorchers match, Strikers would be facing Adam Zampa’s Melbourne Stars in their upcoming Match.
Strikers need to pull off back-to-back wins in their upcoming games to keep their hopes alive in the contest.
They faced Brisbane Heat in their last game and defeated them by a big margin of 71 runs. Both the batters and bowlers were efficient to get their second victory.
Therefore, Captain Peter Sidle would be looking to keep the winning momentum flowing in the further games.
Melbourne Stars Current Situation
The Melbourne Stars had a tough week in the 11th edition of the Big Bash campaign.
Currently, many of their staff members and the players are facing covid. They are currently quarantined for the recovery process.
After Covid Recovery, Maxwell returned in The Big Bash Premier League. He played against the Perth scorchers but failed to trouble their bowlers. “Hence we hope Maxwell to get his form back in the upcoming games.”
Therefore the Melbourne Stars team committee have announced the new captain – Adam zampa, to be leading the squad.
The Melbourne Stars still hopes to make it to the Knockout Stages. “Hence they need to come up with extraordinary effort in the next games.”
Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars Last Match Encounter
- The Adelaide Strikers faced the Melbourne Stars previously in the 44th Match of The Big Bash Premier League.
- Flamboyant was leading the squad for Melbourne Stars in the Last Encounter against Adelaide Strikers.
- The Melbourne stars Bowlers dominated the Strikers batters in the entire first Innings. Jon Wells from the Strikers Side was the highest scorer with 68 of 56 Balls.
- With some last overs blows, the Strikers reached 139 runs in their 20 overs.
The Melbourne Stars Comes to Chase
- The Melbourne Stars batters struggled in the Run Chase with losing consecutive wickets in the early overs. They were 3 down in only 8 overs with 47 runs on the Board.
- The Partnership between Clarke and Cartwright was the turning point of the Match. Clarke was incredible with his batting performance. He made his fifty in the 12th over with a double and was delighted.
- The Last ten overs created pressure on the Strikers with consecutive losing wickets. Hence Clarke Stood with his side and kept on going like a true hero. “27 Remaining of 10 Balls.”
- Clarke Hit some big blows and got 14 of the 17th over. “Now, 17 Remains of 12 Balls”
- The heroic performance of Clarke continues. He comes down to the ground confident and hits Siddle over the top of his head for a six. ” What a beautiful smack in pressure”
- Clarke was out caught in the last ball of the second last over, but he did his part for the team. Now, 7 needed 6 Balls.”
- Qais comes in and connects big into the Stands. What a shocking hit from the Tailender. One needed of 5 Balls. ” Short bowls a wide ball giving easy victory to the stars”
The Melbourne Stars defeats Adelaide Strikers by 5 Wickets.
The Pitch Report – Adelaide Strikers Vs Melbourne Stars
The Match would occur in the Homeground of Adelaide Strikers – Adelaide Oval.
The Adelaide Oval – is a batting pitch where teams love to bat first and put on a big total.
There is no grass in the pitch, and the ball comes straight to the bat without any swinging movements. Hence we could expect a high run Scoring match in these two teams upcoming Match.
The Weather Report
The Weather is cloudy on the 15 January – Matchday – between Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars.
Therefore we expect a bit of rain but not for so long. We would surely see a 20 over match between these two Rival teams.
Adelaide Strikers Vs Melbourne Stars – Match Prediction
Strikers Player Analysis
Jake Weatherald would emerge as the key player for the Strikers side. He is known to play for long and finish the game for his side. “We also witnessed his power hitting and slogging power in this 11th Season BBl.”
The Right Hander Henry hunt would target Glenn Maxwell in the early overs. He is a good player of the spin and would love to give his team a good start in the batting pitch at the Adelaide Oval.
Rashid Khan is the master of picking key wickets in pressure situations. The right-arm spinner has dismissed legendary batters in his career. Hence he is evolving to be one of the greatest spin bowlers of world cricket. “His form in the next games will be a key asset for the Strikers.”
Melbourne Stars Player Analysis
Glenn Maxwell made a return after testing Positive of Covid. His return was less impactful as he didn’t last long in the crease and went for 5 runs. Hence we know the abilities of Maxwell. He scored a century early in the 11th edition OF BBL; hence needs to get his form back in the upcoming games.
The Biggest Asset of the Melbourne Stars is Joe Clarke. The young boy has immense power in his hand as he stands and delivers sixes out of the stadium. “In the last match against Strikers, he opened the innings and scored 83 runs” ” His valuable contribution made his team win the game.
The Melbourne Stars new Captain, Adam Zampa, is incredible with his spin bowling. He took 2 key wickets of the Strikers in their last encounter. “He would love to come up with his great spells in the upcoming matches.”
The Melbourne Stars would defeat the Adelaide Strikers in their next Match.
Adelaide Strikers Expected Playing 11 against Melbourne Stars
- Matthew Short
- Jake Weatherald
- Jonathan Wells
- Henry Hunt
- Thomas Kelly
- Harry Nielson (wk)
- Rashid Khan
- Peter Siddle (c)
- Harry Conway
- Ryan Gibson
- Fawad Ahmed
Melbourne Stars Expected Playing 11 against Adelaide Strikers
- Joe Clarke (wk)
- Clint Hinchliffe
- Nick Larkin
- Joe Burns
- Hilton Cartwright
- Beau Webster
- Xavier Crone
- Qais Ahmad
- Adam Zampa (c)
- Haris Rauf
- Brody Couch