Team India produced a power start in the Boxing Day test match against the Proteas South Africa.
The atmosphere was beautiful, the condition was tough, but the young players of the India Team Kl Rahul and Mayank Agarwal HELD THEIR NERVES in the Crease to get India to a fighting score at the End of Day 1
The pitch has the presence of Grass, which can give the bowlers the pace and the Swing they need to rip the batters off.
We can expect a sudden bounce and unplayable Deliveries as the ball gets old and starts to reverse Swing
The Young Youths LEADING – India Vs South Africa – Day 1 Analysis
- Team India Won the Toss and decided to bat first.
- Kl Rahul and Mayank Agarwal were incredible with their batting skills. They Gaved their team the Start they wanted to get control of the game in the earliest stages of the Match.
- South Africa Started their bowling spells with two of their Fast Bowlers, Ngidi and Jansen. Ngidi is one of the experienced test Match fast bowlers; on the other side Jansen the left-hand fast bowler, is making his debut into the South African Test International Side.
- The South African Pacers started beautifully with the pace, length, and line. The Left-arm bowler Janser was constantly swinging his Deliveries away from the right-handers, Kl Rahul and Mayank Agarwal. “Indian Batters Held their patience and retained a couple of overs to settle themselves up in the Crease.”
- The First Boundary came in the 3rd over, Ngidi bowls a wide off-tracker, and Mayank Agarwal gently pushes it into the Cover region to get a boundary “What a classy, timed shot from the young man.”
- In the 8th Over, Kl Rahul gets his First Boundary; Rahul hits a classy straight drive in Ngidi Over, Making all fans remember the Legend Sachin Tendulkar’s “The Shot was similar to Sachin’s Straight Drive.”
- After 18 Overs, the Openers were still present in the Crease, Kl Rahul, and MAYANK Agarwal showed signs of a tremendous individual inning. “India was 52 for no wicket down in 18 Overs.”
- The Pitch Had beautiful seam movement with the presence of Grass; the South African bowlers tried their level best, but the Indian Openers were Excellent at reading the Balls and scored runs in all parts of the Ground.
- In the 18th over of the Game, Mayank Agarwal hits a beautiful off drive in Jansen’s over to get his half-century. “What an innings it has been for the Young Man.”
- Mayank Agarwal, after reaching his fifty gets out LBW with a stunning delivery bowled by the Right Arm Pacer – Ngidi “Finally the South Africana Gets Their First Breakthrough” “India 117/ for 1.”
- After Mayank Agarwal Departs, Cheteshwar Pujara comes into the Crease, Ngidi comes bowls a seaming in swinger, Pujada plays it gets a thick edge and gets caught out. “Pujara out in his First Delivery” “South African back on the Game”
- The Captain Virat Kholi comes in and goes going with a couple of classic cover drives. Kl Rahul and Virat Kohli form a partnership and keep the Scoreboard moving. “KL Rahul reaches his fifty.”
- Virat Kholi looks good, leading his team with the bat. He takes charge of the spinners as well the fast bowlers. Fans expected Virat to score a ton and get his century after years. Unfortunately, he got dismissed as he reached 35. “Ngidi bowls a wide ball, forcing Virat to go for the cover drive and gets an edge into the hand of first slip. “The Indian Captain Goes into the Pavilion for good made 35 of 93 balls.”
- Soon after Virat Kholi Departs, Kl Rahul scores a boundary and reaches his first boxing day hundred in the South Africans Home ground. “What a master class innings from the Young Man” “Surely, this guy is the future of Indian Cricket.”
- Kl Rahul and the new batsman Rahane, in the Last Session of the day, contributed well together and got India to 273/3 after the end of the 1st day of Play. “Kl Rahul gets to his effortless made 122 of 248 balls” “Rahane reaches 40 of 81 balls.”
India in Total Control in the Day 1 of the Boxing Day Test Match
Don’t forget to watch Day 2 as Kl Rahul would collaborate with Rahane to get Aim for his double century and to more significant first innings score.
India Playing 11
- KL Rahul
- Mayank Agarwal
- Cheteshwar Pujara
- Virat Kohli(c)
- Ajinkya Rahane
- Rishabh Pant(w)
- Ravichandran Ashwin
- Shardul Thakur
- Mohammed Shami
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Mohammed Siraj
South Africa Playing 11
- Dean Elgar (c)
- Aiden Markram
- Keegan Petersen
- Rassie van der Dussen
- Temba Bavuma
- Quinton de Kock(w)
- Wiaan Mulder
- Marco Jansen
- Keshav Maharaj
- Kagiso Rabada
- Lungi Ngidi